[askap-users] Changes to the ASKAP science forum schedule

From: Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 01:37:54 +0000

Greetings all,

The October ASKAP science forum clashes with a CSIRO health and safety focus day, which would make the time inconvenient for many of our regular presenters and attendees. We have therefore decided to delay the October forum by one week to avoid the clash, and shift one hour earlier in UTC to keep the same time in places observing daylight savings. This also avoids a clash with the next ASKAP SST PI meeting on the 26th of October. We do not currently have a focus session scheduled for October, so we will end the forum 15 minutes early, to provide a gap between meetings.

I will send out the newsletter and a reminder (with teleconference details) as usual, one week later than normal. The forum will occur at 08:00 AWST, 00:00 UTC, 11:00 AEDT, on the 26th of October.

We are also considering how best to accommodate the recent transition to daylight savings time. Before the end of October, we plan to circulate a survey to gather more information that will help make the forum as effective as possible, across multiple time zones.

Best regards,
Aidan.