[askap-users] ASKAP October science forum and newsletter

From: Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 04:13:08 +0000

Greetings all,

The next ASKAP science forum will occur on the 26th of October (slightly out of sequence) at the slightly unusual time (depending on your local daylight savings situation) of 11:00-12:00 AEDT, 08:00-09:00 AWST, 00:00-01:00 UTC. Apologies for the early start in Western Australia, and to anyone for whom the time zone is always inconvenient. In making arrangements for the next several months, we would like to re-assess our approach to this global forum. In the next few days, we will circulate a survey to these mailing lists, which will present several possible scenarios and request feedback on the global distribution of our attendees. This will be used to formulate the most inclusive plan possible. In the meantime, we offer a recording of the meeting to anyone unable to attend at the appointed time. Please contact me to request the link.

Teleconference details for October are available at the end of this message.

This month we will have the usual updates on ASKAP operations. Although we have been conducting a computing upgrade at the observatory, data processing has continued and the working groups have been actively discussing Phase II quality gate and test results. We do not have a focus session this month, so there should be plenty of time for questions. We will also aim to finish 10 minutes early so that people attending the ASKAP PIs meeting (scheduled after the forum) can have a break.

I have also attached the October newsletter, describing the aforementioned hardware upgrade and other activities.
Hope to see you all online at the forum!

Best regards,
Aidan

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

Welcome to CSIRO Webex Conferencing featuring audio, video and presentation capabilities. You can join this conference from:

 Desktop or Mobile Devices

https://csiro.webex.com/csiro/j.php?MTID=m769d860791c2d635a8ab372effd5d371

Once connected to your meeting remember to start your audio and video.

 Video Conferencing (VC) Rooms
 Use the remote control or touch panel and dial the number indicated below:

CSIRO VC Room
26546038733# (hash required)

External VC Room
26546038733_at_email.protected>

 Phones - AUDIO ONLY

Primary Australia
+61 2 6246 4433

Quick Dial
+61262464433,26546038733%23%23<tel:+61262464433,26546038733%23%23>

Other Global Numbers
https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?ref=global_call

Meeting Number/Access Code
2654 603 8733

 Password (if prompted)

VnfhsGb95Y7

First time joining a Webex meeting? Watch this short video to get started:
https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?ref=joining_desktop
Need further help? Take a look at the link below for user guides, videos and FAQs:
https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?meeting-number=26546038733