LBA dates for the next session

From: <Jim.Lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:54:25 +1000

Hi everyone,

Once again it's time to start thinking about the next LBA session. To
keep the pressure off the ATCA in the mm season the plan is to have two
weeks in the next session (Oct to March) and one in the following
session (April to Sept), so we actually need to be thinking about
arranging two weeks between October in March. My suggestion is one week
near the end of this year and another in March. Taking into account
known constraints at the ATCA (mm observing in October), Parkes
(maintenance in Nov), Hobart and Hart (IVS), and known meetings (ATUC)
things are looking a bit tight, but here are some suggestions for the
first week:

        Week Comment/question
Oct 24 - 30 ATCA OK?
Nov 1 - 7 Parkes OK?
Dec 1 - 7 Wedged between IVS sessions. Not ideal.

Please let me know what you think and feel free to suggest moving them
back and forth by a day or two if it helps.

The second week seems less of a problem at the moment, probably because
I can't find the 2006 IVS schedule! There's no news yet on when the 70m
will be available for radio astronomy in March as the schedule currently
goes to the end of the year:

        March 13 to 19
        March 20 to 26

Again, please let me know if you have any preference.

Cheers,
Jim
--
Dr Jim Lovell,                                    Jim.Lovell_at_csiro.au
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility       Ph:    (02) 6125 6715